Saturday, August 16, 2014

Reunion Quilt

Reunion Quilt

Fabric: Reunion by Sweetwater (1 - Layer Cake) 
Pattern: by Karalee (that's me)
Quilting: about 3/8" straight line horizontal, 
3.0 out of 5 stitch length 
Quilting Thread: #22

3 - 9" blocks
84 - 5" Charm Squares 
88 - 2 1/2' x 5" blocks (44 Charm Squares, cut in half)
8 - 3" wide  Sashing Strips (Bella Porcelain)

For this quilt top you need 32 Layer Cake pieces, cut into 5" charm squares and then 44 of those cut in half again to 2 1/2" x 5".   Pick 3- 10" squares and cut down to 9" squares.  You can either pick 32 or the remaining 39 - 10" squares and cut down like I did.  I wanted all the prints and just picked a few of the 5" and 2 1/2" pieces out that I didn't want.  

The only thing I want to change is the sashing.  I wish I would have done at least 5-6" sashing strips instead of the smaller 3" that I did.  







No comments:

Post a Comment